Custom Search

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Showbiz Pizza Band!

My folks never took me to Disneyland or DisneyWorld, so my first experience with the wonderful world of animatronics was the Showbiz Pizza which opened next to Venture on 95th and Pulaski. It soon became the cool kid's birthday party venue of choice (we still rocked my folk's basement). The highlights of Showbiz trips were visits from Chuck E Cheese (poor bastard), and a personalized serenade by the Showbiz Band. Totally freaked me out. With all the buzzes, flashes, and general funks of one too many kids who just had accidents, I could not stand Showbiz. And than to top it off I had to watch a Croft-like animatronic band of animals leer at us with their dead robot eyes? No thanks.

But now, it's awesome.



How soon does some club buy a version of this band off eBay and do this every night?

No comments: