Custom Search

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Boss and Alejandro Escovedo

A few weeks ago, Alejandro Escovedo (a Shambollocks favorite) found himself playing in his home state in front of the largest audience he ever entertained. All courtesy of the Boss, natch.



Alejandro told the Tribune's Greg Kot:

“I shook his hand for the first time ever a few hours before the show,” says Escovedo of Springsteen, the hook-up brokered by their mutual manager, Jon Landau. “We sat in his dressing room and ran down the song acoustically with the band. Later, before I went on stage, I was scared to death. But about halfway though [the song], the fear started to melt away and I just had the time of my life. I told everyone it’s like dropping into a 30-foot wave: You’ve got to go for it, and I did not want to die in front of 18,000 people.”


Escovedo will play the Taste with Old 97s this Friday at Grant Park. K and I won't be there (boo!) because of a previous engagement.

No comments: