Custom Search

Friday, September 26, 2008

Raiders Of The Lost Ark: The Adaptation

OK, everybody needs a lift today. Too much serious news! Combine the economic mess with the Metrodome massacre my White Sox just endured in Minneapolis, and I, in particular, need a solid smile-maker.

Four or five years ago, I read where Quentin Tarantino planned on showing a fan film of Raiders Of The Lost Ark at his theater in Austin. The film was created by teenagers at the time of the film's release, and it took them eight years to complete their shot-for-shot remake. What a story! I thought to myself. Raiders Of The Lost Ark is one of a small number of works of art that have, no doubt about it, changed my life. It is my favorite film of all time. I selected the location of my honeymoon-Egypt-in part because of the film. For a nerd, the character of a heroic scholar was absolutely intoxicating. I still want to be Indiana Jones.

Well, I've shared the story about the fan film with my fellow Raiders geeks. No one had ever heard of a copy that they could get. It seemed to me like the Ark itself.

Until yesterday. RetroThing found a clip of the film on YouTube and tells more of the behind-the-scenes story. Without further ado, fans. Your guaranteed weekend smile-maker- Raiders Of The Lost Ark- The Adaptation.



I know, only the beginning. I will try to find the whole thing yet, and then we will have a Shambollocks viewing party. Promise.

No comments: